Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lessons learnt...

Tom Bodett once said “The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson” I have no clue who Tom is but this quote kept haunting in my head and kept me wondering about some of the lessons I’ve learnt in life recently…

Sometimes the silent is the best way to answer… Talking and arguing will work only if the same mentality is shared, if the levels of thinking differs from the changes of perception arguing or reasoning would not work at all… some people say “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to speak out and remove all doubt”

Sometimes When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know. We feel that we can be rude and moody to the people whom we are very close with and they will understand.. But why hurt someone you care about? I’ve realized if you feel crappy about something and have to dump it on somebody who is a complete stranger… Don’t hurt the ones you care for, you never know how deep you have hurt them and by the time you feel guilty and try to mend, its too late…

Sometimes you always have to keep proving yourself constantly to people for them to have faith and belief in you… But I’ve realized the best way is not to bother to prove yourself right for people who cant trust you and understand you.. People who do not trust you never will, and who wouldn’t make the effort to understand will never understand either… Unless that person is truly valuable for you where you have to go that extra mile to clear the doubts…

Sometimes the hardest thing is to LET GO… letting go of someone seems difficult and takes away more time for us to recover, and probably all the energy we have... But if that person makes a move to go, then you have no right to stop… Coz everybody has a right to make their own move… similar to the quote “If you love something set it free if it comes back its yours if not it was never meant to be” (not always true) I’d say if you love something hang on to it till it decides to be free… LOL.. the day it decides to be free you have no choice than letting it free..

Sometimes we always make the extra effort to be nice to complete strangers… why bother? (I mean its wonderful to be nice for everybody: I meant for exceptional cases like me who cant make the effort to be nice to everybody) I’ve realized make that extra effort to the ones you love and care for… True that there is a chance they might take you for granted but after all its worth all the effort…

Sometimes pride overrules love??? All my friends say this to me but I guess I still haven’t learnt my lesson for this… “
It is better to lose your pride with someone you love rather than to lose that someone you love with your useless pride
People who know me well will say that I need to practice what I preach… and agreed whole heartedly… But sometimes it needs to hit you on the head to learn the lesson…
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig