Saturday, December 24, 2011

Ronique - a place where hearts overruled minds....


The first teacher, the first class, the first friend… the first’s will always leave that special footprint in our hearts… also a first job….

Ronique....69..., ward place.…. purple…… orchids… the big white coloniel house…. wooden stairway… fingerprints… soo many memories… so much of life and love which flowed by to forget…

It was not just a job for most of us…. it was a dream of one person which everyone of us shared… a baby of one person of all of us try to nurture… a wish we all wished for and a belief we all had faith in…

Its just like yesterday, the good old days of getting updated on missed episodes on teledramas, gossiping about bosses while displays…. eating ashani’s toast in mornings….. fights between himaya and arosha….., niranjan’s classic tie collection….. eating anuradha’s lasgna…. make up orientations for me and gail by malika and anuradha….

Marketing meetings…., ashani’s daily presence in our room to come in and scold how loud the department was atleast twice a day…. somaratne’s crush on anuradha…., fights between finance and marketing followed by a stressed out katty….., sessions of teaching Katty Sinhala slang…., singing in marketing room when shamilal is not in office…., gail’s dancing lessons…., crazy birthday surprises…loong lunch hours which annoyed shamilal... spying and stalking... GOSSIPPING.... ;)

Launches at Lady Hilton…. launches and launches… Little Ronique…. MITHUN who introduced bribing to work and who became one of the women…. daily drama at designers room… a confused naughty kasun, a mischievous laughing warna a yelling himaya everyday was a cherry on the cake for us… (ohhh plus the red underwears)

Grand arrival of toby who I thought was the love of my life…. Avurudu ulela where Niranjan became “Avurudu Kumaraya” and how Kanchana got scolded by Somaratne for carrying away a board :P

The looks on faces when Himaya got a huge paper weight during Secret Santa …. when Mithun got a plastic bunch of roses for Secret Valentine and a letter by shamilal to Chandrani which we were all dying to read but never got a chance…. When shamilal realized we stole his blue couch… :P

Kanchana my first boss who taught me punctuality... made me watch world news because i didnt know who Condaliza Rise... I go prepared and on time for any meeting is the scolding I got from him… and the training, the confidence and trust he had in me keeps me going even today…

Shamilal, NOT my first boss but my favourite boss….. taught me ABC’s in marketing…., he was a brother I never had …. Not many bosses will be shell shocked when you cry and sweetly do something to cheer you up… he will always be the best boss anyone could ever ask for…

The reason I joined Ronique will always be Kanchana, my first boss…. But the reason I stayed for two and a half years will always be Shamilal….

Dear Ronique,
joining you will always be the best decision I made….,
you gave me
my first job which made me dream beyond boundaries….,
the best teacher I could ever wish for, an inspiration to last a lifetime…
the best boss I could ever ask for…
a brother whome I can wake in the mid night on a random day and jabber nonsense with… (mithun this is u :P)
a sister who forgets I exist….. (most of the time :P )
a lifelong friend whom I can count on for a hug when im feeling down….
i owe you for everything i've become today....


Today we all have moved on…. working hard to live our lives…. for what we still believe in … its never going to be the same… but we knew despite everything one day it will be a memory to look back and smile…
and today it makes me smile looking back at the
Great times
Fights….
Laughter, ball fists, banging on tables and screaming….
Messed up plans to tensed meetings....
Anger, Disappointments and Drama….

My home away from home for two and a half years…. an extended family I will always love…. the place which taught me that a career is not a job… the moments I spent will always stay a part of me….those days will always make me smile.... when i feel tired, sad and think i have no strength to go on....i think of the times i had at a place where beauty transcends time to make me alright….

In a world where fake people, lies, drama, backstabbing exist....in a world where values were measured only in rupees and cents....in a world where minds overruled hearts and souls..., so much love was shared... so much of memories existed... and still does...

coz
Ronique was a place where hearts overruled minds.... :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig